18 May 2009

I am a Muslim but Only by Name

I am a Muslim, but only by name When it comes to practising, what a shame! I go to friends and relatives in suit and tie It's alright if I occasionally lie Yes I practise, BUT when it suits me Or more to the point, when it pleases society. If I show my ankles, they'll point and laugh They'll think it's too short and reckon I'm daft. If I trim my moustache and grow the beard They'll reckon I'm a fanatic or something weird. If I wear the sunnah I'll get great reward But the Kuffaar will look down on me, that I can't afford. Yes I'm a Muslim, but only by name I make excuses which I admit are rather lame. Yes I'm a sane man and I'm on the right track Who am I kidding, I feel like a right jack! To hide my inferiority complex I protest it's unimportant Though my heart screams to tell me I'm a blatant fraudulent The best thing is no-one can hear what's going on inside People think I've got it made and with my life I'm satisfied. But I'm afraid this is a fable and it's a pure deception I have no peace of mind but this I daren't even mention. If I remain ignorant it's OK, 'cos then I don't have to practise Yes I'm conniving and these are baseless evil tactics. But I read the Kalima and I think I have Imaan I can't help my attitude I was placed in a Kufrstaan. Yes I'm a Muslim but only by name And with my precious life I'm playing a foolish disastrous game!

by a Sister

http://islaam.net/main/display.php?id=186&category=12

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your opinion?