12 May 2009

Who's Peacebuy?

" I THINK, THEREFORE I AM..." Rene Descartes 1637

peacebuy001 This is Peacebuy. A virtual modern Malay girl (descendent of Bugis + Patani) recides somewhere in the Malay archipelago. Always at Silat TV, Silat Melayu Ning, Imeem and Box net. She is a geek in the making.

hang-jebat This is GM or Gempamelayu. A virtual Panglima dated since the Malacca Sultanate Empire. Available at Gempamelayu.com and twitter. He played Hang Jebat once upon a time, that’s why not much written about himself. Its all about his best buddy abang Tuah. He is the mastermind of Gempamelayu and its networks. Compared to Peacebuy he is more an indoor person. He used to be a PS2 fan and good at chess (still).

Both of them are immortal….

The positive side of Peacebuy

thinker, listener, observer, adventurous, caring, rational, radical, accommodating, people skills, committed for a cause, have good sense of humour, considerably responsible and creative and to certain extend anti establishment.

My weaknesses

PS2 n online games, 'idle talk', Bushism english, communication skills, cold hearted ? lazy sometimes, surfing the net in the name of research, lack of time management and prioritising, fical minded, and to certain extend absent minded.

Used to be/like

outward bound, stupid, romantic, disco/salsa, cooking, pretty.

Hate

sewing, discrimination, stupidity, complacency, wasted life, polygamy, hypocrites, corrupt practices and magie mee.

Wish I had

climb mountains, w/w rafting, sky n scuba diving, publish articles/ books, taken journalism degree.

Working on

khatam quran, daily prayers, clearing debts (fasting), writing/journalism skills, keeping fit (minimum requirement for bloggers' standard), singing ability ( private use only), IT geek (in the making), forgive and forget people/something, iman.

I believe

"now everybody can fly"

"make the best out of what you have"

Tertiary Education

BA Economics (U.S), M.B.A (U.S.), life experience (self learnt), and ICT technology (D-I-Y).

Careers

has been obedient/reliable daughter since I can walk, devoted to spouse since 'akad nikah', responsibled mom since giving birth to a daughter. (seriously!!) Merchant Banker, Fund/Asset Manager, Auditor and a homemaker for the past 6 years.

Age

at the cross road...

Challenges

harmony with surrounding, shoe string travelings, shoe string living, shoe string everything, keeping health on tip top cond., development of my daughter and my websites.

Interests

Technologies, people, Malay Studies and Islam

Favorite Movies

"Calculative imagination of future mankind" starring Richard Brainson

Favorite Music

Depends on situations; I listened to some of Black Eyed Peas, David Archuletta, Ill Divo, Pussycat Dolls (when I jog because I borrow my daughter's MP3).

I listened to Quran recitals when I am alone (chase the bad omen! chase the bad omen!), instrumental folk songs (Malay and Indonesia) and nowdays I listen a lot to the buzzing sound from my CPU.

Favorite Books

Its so hypocrite of me, recommending books that I myself don't read. I majored in Economics, we read tones, tones of books, practically I just cannot read another book (malaslah tu!). I am a person with few words (Ye ke tu?), thus I tend to get drown in the sea of alphabets. But I do learn 'fast reading' ,i.e, read title, prologue, skip pages here and there, conclusion and of course ask people around what do they think of the book. (eh..eh), lastly make a calculative assumption and act like a pro.

I actually love to read... children books.

And reading and reciting Quran too, tranquil my mind.

Soft spots

oriental cuisine, children, poverty.

I think that is all about it. phhewww! lega...........

peacebuy

1 comment:

  1. devoted to spouse(s)??
    u n GM are couples innit?
    nwy i nak cadangkan korang cover cerita psl kumpulan baru Pot (from Innuendo) ie Raa Sin/Ras yang bertemakan "alkali jazz" atau non-alcoholic jazz. I find it very new and perhaps you guys can dig on the subject further?? THX!

    ReplyDelete

What is your opinion?